Dear NMST Family,
March 10th, Gov. Jared Polis and state health officials announced that there are now fifteen confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Colorado. We continue to be in close contact with city and state health officials and our own parent contacts that are infectious disease specialists to follow their guidance. The safety of our students and staff are the most important things we consider. As of now we will continue operating on a normal schedule. Stanley Marketplace owners and management team have met with infectious disease specialists and also hosted business owner meetings to educate and devise an action plan.
If it does seem that Neighborhood Music needs to close then we will continue with regularly scheduled lessons via Skype or FaceTime. We are open to the use of other online apps if you prefer.
Health officials also strongly urge us all to take these important steps to stay healthy and reduce the chances of the virus spreading:
• Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children at home when they are sick. We ask the same of our teachers and staff.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• We will take hand washing/sanitizer breaks throughout lessons as well as using disinfectant wipes on instruments before and after each lesson.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Our team continues to do deep and thorough cleanings of our studio and offices regularly. We are closely monitoring reported illnesses and taking all of the necessary steps, following the guidance of city and state health experts, to keep conditions in our studio healthy and safe. We have a professional cleaning team coming in to deep clean, as well as disinfecting all touchable surfaces with a CDC recommended cleaner.
I want to assure you that we are taking all of the necessary steps to respond to the Coronavirus threat and to prepare for a potential wider spread of the virus.
If you have further questions, please send an email to email@example.com
We will continue to update you, via email and our website, with important information on Coronavirus as we receive it.
Thank you for everything you do for our students and families, and for paying close attention to the additional steps we now must take to help keep our studio healthy and safe.
Skye Barker Maa