Online lessons will continue to be available after we are open!
You do not have to take lessons in the studio. If you have found that you prefer to take online lessons then you will have that option moving forward. We will not end online lessons. It will always be an option for you.
Neighborhood Music will begin teaching in studio June 1
We are still waiting for guidance from Tri-County Health and the City of Aurora, but anticipate that we will open with limited capacity June 1. These decisions are subject to change.
· Especially for our younger learners, online has not been so great and we continue to seek the safest way to open our studios with ongoing input from local, state, and regional epidemiological data.
· We will start by bringing only 5 teachers back to the studio per day. The rest of our teachers will continue with online lessons. Our schedulers will reach out to you to ask your preference and to announce who the first round of in-studio teachers will be and who will continue online lessons.
· Each week we will consider a 25% increase of in-studio teachers, depending on current epidemiological data and recommendations from the city and state.
· To reiterate, you do not have to take lessons in the studio even if your teacher is in the studio. You may continue online lessons for as long as you like.
· Our new entrance will be the outside-facing, North door.
· There you will find a temperature check-in station with our Scheduler sitting behind a plexiglass shield and wearing a mask.
· Hand sanitizer dispensers have been added outside each studio.
· Piano studios will be outfitted with an extra keyboard so pianos need no longer be shared.
· Summer Camps will be taught in The Hanger to allow for physical distancing requirements.
· Teachers/Staff will have temperatures checked upon arriving and in the middle of their shift.
· Teacher/Staff will either wear a mask, use a face shield or teach behind a plexiglass shield depending on the instrument, style of teaching, and student.
· Teachers/Staff will follow policies including temperature and wellness checks with a mandatory stay at home for any staff member presenting with illness or fever.
· Studios will be cleaned with medical grade disinfectant before and between each lesson.
· Teachers have the option of teaching in The Hanger or another location.
· Students must arrive wearing a mask. They are encouraged to continuing wearing it if it does not interfere with the lesson.
· Students must sanitize/wash hands before and after their lesson.
Reminder: you will not have to take lessons in the studio even if your teacher is in the studio. You may continue online lessons for as long as you like.
Thank you for your ongoing support of musical education and the arts during this unprecedented time. We look forward to seeing you and can’t wait to see our students again.
Skye Barker Maa